The Dos and Don’ts During Your Florida Personal Injury Case
Posted by: Hgiblaw on Sep 22, 2017
At The Florida Accident Lawyers are here to help you if you’ve been injured due to the negligence or recklessness of another person or entity. To find the best success in your case, consider following these dos – and avoiding these don’ts – if they apply to your case. Start by calling us for your free consultation.
Doing these things can help us provide the best assistance for you
You can count on us to work tirelessly to represent you. That said, there are a few things you can do to help us do our job. We’ll go over our specific needs from you during your free consultation, but generally speaking, these are the dos for anyone working with a personal injury attorney:
- Stay in communication with us.
- Update us right away if your contact information changes.
- Ask us any and all questions you may have about your case.
- Read every letter from us. If you don’t understand them or have questions, reach out to us.
- Comply with any requests we make for documentation, information, or records. The sooner you can get it to us, the sooner we can move forward with your case.
- Show up on time for every hearing, deposition, meeting, etc. If you’re unsure of when they’re scheduled, just call our offices and we can fill you in.
- Consider your case the way it would appear to a judge and / or jury.
- Tell us everything you know and remember about your case – even if you think it may hurt you. The more information we have, the better we can represent you. One of the worst things that can happen is the plaintiff’s attorney hitting us with a bombshell in the middle of our case.
- Be honest with us. If there’s some reason that you think you may not win your case, or if you had an injury that was preexisting, let us know. Answer us honestly. We take your case on a contingency basis which means you don’t owe us anything up front – except the truth.
Don’t do these things if you want the best chance for success
While it’s important to follow our list of dos, it’s also important to avoid some things. Here are the most common things we’d prefer you didn’t do if you’re pursuing a car accident injury claim, or any other type of accident claim.
- Don’t give your opinion as fact.
- Don’t let the other attorney get you mad or frustrated.
- Don’t answer a question the way you think we want it to be answered – be honest.
- Don’t talk to others about the details of your case.
If you’re ready to get started with your case, then we urge you to call us today for a free case evaluation.